What are rodents?
Rodents are small mammals known for their constantly growing front teeth, which require them to gnaw to keep them in shape, and their prolific nature. There are several types of rodents, but rats and mice are the two most prominent species that cause problems around human structures. Rodents often appear small, with fur ranging from brow to gray and black, rounded ears, and long tails.
If rodent pest control isn’t in place, these pesky invaders can potentially invade every space inside and outside your property, wreaking havoc and bringing serious health and safety issues along with them.
Are rodents dangerous?
Thanks to their unhygienic nature, rodents are fairly dangerous to host around your property. These pests are notorious for transmitting diseases. As rats and mice run wild around your property, they easily contaminate food and surfaces with illnesses such as salmonella, hantavirus, and tularemia.
Rodents carry parasitic pests on their bodies, such as fleas, ticks, and mites. As they run around the interior and exterior areas of your property, they drop these pests off, which can lead to additional infestation issues.
You should also note that all rodents are constantly looking for things to chew on to keep their teeth in check. This results in severe destruction around your property as they gnaw through wood, brick, electrical wiring, and plumbing.
Why do I have a rodent problem?
Rodents are typically attracted to properties with plenty of access to food, water, and shelter. Make sure you evaluate your property for these issues and address them to make the area less hospitable to rodents.
Where will I find rodents?
You will most likely find rodents hiding outside near piles of debris or waste disposal or infiltrating basements, crawl spaces, attics, and wall voids. Some signs that rodents have moved in include sightings of rats or mice, unpleasant odors, rodent droppings, and damaged food packaging.
How do I get rid of rodents?
If you want to get rid of rodents for good, the key is to contact Dependable Pest Solutions. Our pest management professionals will inspect your property for major rodent issues and help you eliminate these pests so that you don’t need to worry about the dangers rodents bring. Contact us today for a free estimate to get started on commercial or home pest control in Dover.
How can I prevent rodents in the future?
Prevent future rodent problems by following these expert tips to make your property less hospitable to rats and mice:
- Remove all fallen fruit and organic debris from exterior areas, as these attract hungry rodents looking for an easy meal.
- Reduce access to outdoor pet foods and make sure all waste disposal and compost areas are secure from rodent invaders; tight-fitting lids on trash cans are essential.
- Seal up potential rodent entry points around your property, like the cracks near windows, doors, and your foundation, to stop rodents from slipping inside.
- Store all leftover food properly, dispose of waste promptly, and utilize airtight containers in food pantry areas when possible to stop rodents from easily scavenging in these areas.
- Clear out outdoor areas of long grass, woodpiles, and piles of brush or debris to remove rodent hiding spots.
Contact Dependable Pest Solutions immediately if you suspect rodents are invading your property or need more advice on pest control in Dover, NH.
"I would highly recommend Dependable Pest Solutions. We’ve had issues with ants on our vacation property. They come right out and take care of the problem. Their communication and follow up Is great. We now have them treat our property regularly as a preventive measure"